Grab your ten gallon hats and your (non skid, non scuff) cowboy boots! The 2016 PSGBOA Rendezvous is riding into Roche Harbor May 11th-15th and our theme this year is “Grand Banks Round Up.” We can’t wait to bring the spirit of the West to Roche Harbor this May! Stay tuned for registration information, which will be published early in 2016!
We hope everyone has had (or is still having!) a wonderful summer cruising. As fall gets ready to make her arrival, we wanted to make sure everyone gets the 2016 PSGBOA Rendezvous dates on their calendars!
This year’s 2016 Rendezvous will be held Wednesday, May 11 – Sunday, May 15th at Roche Harbor Resort and Marina. We hope you can join us!
Stay tuned for more details!
The registration deadline for the annual Rendezvous is fast approaching – April 15th! If you are planning to attend but have not yet registered, please register today. The cost is only $225, and includes seminars, activities and social events (for a detailed list of events and a schedule, click here)
Registration is easy via our online system! Click here to go to the Registration site.
We are very excited to announce that REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN for the annual PSGBOA Rendezvous, our celebration of 50 years of Grand Banks in the Pacific Northwest! May 6th-10th at Roche Harbor Resort and Marina.
This year promises another great Rendezvous – we have exciting new seminars and hands-on demos, delicious food and beverages, and social events where you can meet up with old friends as well as make new friends…Plus, enjoy FREE MOORAGE on Wednesday, if you depart Sunday (or later).
Here are some highlights:
- Planned demonstrations from a U.S. Coast Guard boat
- Fire preparedness: The fire department will be setting fires (and WE will putting them out!)
- Managing onboard medical emergencies
- Cruising with your 4-legged loved ones (including how to handle onboard health issues) with a seasoned offshore cruising expert
- Learn the latest about new boating apps and technology available
- Listen to a three-time Space Shuttle Commander present the world from space
- Learn shipwreck folklore from the San Juan Island museum director
- Hear the latest in trials and tales from the UW oceanographers
NEW Activities this Year:
- Chandlery: Bring items off your boat that you would like to sell, swap or give away (e.g. hardware, electrical items, tools, keys, cabinets, whatever!). Stay tuned for more details.
- Dinghy trip to an oyster farm
- Walking tours: Guided history tour of Roche Harbor; docent guided tours of the art park; guided tours of a local distillery
- A hosted bon fire and “loaded” coffees and desert followed by a spooky late night walk to the mausoleum with RH executive chef Bill Shaw
- Nightly cigars (or not) under the stars which will always lead to exaggerated sea stories!
Also, we’ve listened to your feedback, past participants! The Chef Shaw Cooking Demo will feature more substantial nibbles and wine, and will be limited in participation numbers so as to not feel too crowded!
So what are you waiting for? REGISTER NOW! Early bird pricing is in effect through March 15th. For only $200/boat (up to two adults), you get a variety of seminars, activities, food, drink and more! We are a non-profit organization (emphasis on NON!); as you can see that $200 registration fee is just a fraction of the actual expenses. In fact, the majority of our costs are covered by OUR WONDERFUL SPONSORS most of whom have been with us year after year. We provide time for you to greet and THANK them on Friday afternoon (and throughout the event!) and encourage you to keep them in mind when you have a boat need/project/service come up
We hope you continue to help us make the next 50 years truly the best for our Grand Banks community!
ANNOUNCING THE 2015 PSGBOA ANNUAL RENDEZVOUS
MAY 6th – 10th
ROCHE HARBOR RESORT & MARINA
It may be chilly right now but before you know it, Spring will be here and with it, the PSGBOA Annual Rendezvous! Join fellow Grand Banks enthusiasts for another fantastic Rendezvous, May 6th through the 10th at beautiful Roche Harbor Resort and Marina.
The details are still coming together, but here are some highlights:
- FREE Wednesday night moorage, for those staying 4 nights or more (we’ve “officially” extended the event to run Wednesday to Sunday due to popular demand)
- Additional Wednesday/Thursday activities and social opportunities
- Delicious hosted meals, snacks and drinks throughout the Rendezvous
- Fun, informative seminars from industry and community experts
- A variety of small group outings – pick the activities that appeal most to you
- And most important… Plenty of time to hang out with old friends and make new ones!
We’ll post additional information as the event takes shape and registration will open in early 2015.
In the meantime, if you have any questions, shoot us an email at email@example.com
Looking forward to another amazing Rendezvous!
-Terry Stanford, 2015 Annual Rendezvous Chair
Here’s a short video from the 2014 rendezvous by Ian McGhie.