Join the Puget Sound Grand Banks Owners Association for the annual Grand Banks Rendezvous each spring! Every year, Grand Banks enthusiasts from Washington, Oregon, British Columbia and beyond gather to share their love for Grand Banks and boating. Traditionally held at Roche Harbor Resort on sunny San Juan Island the second weekend in May, the Rendezvous draws anywhere from 60 to 100+ boats. Not to mention their proud owners, kids, grandkids and of course…quite a few furry friends!
All Grand Banks owners! Our Rendezvous draw all kinds of Grand Banks and American Marine models…from vintage Chantymans, to your “classic” Grand Banks trawler, to newer models like the Aleutians and Eastbays. Even soon-to-be owners have been known to join in the fun, without their boats! Not a PSGBOA member? Join here (it’s free!).
What’s on the Agenda?
Event highlights change from year to year, but each Rendezvous features a combination of seminars, social events, entertainment activities and delicious meals. With the help of our generous sponsors, we’re able to host a fun, educational event, year after year. Plus, Rendezvous offer the BEST opportunity to talk to other Grand Banks owners, tour other Grand Banks and get tons of ideas, tips and tricks from fellow owners! And don’t worry… there’s plenty of down time to just sit on the boat, relax and enjoy a cold beverage!
Still curious about what exactly goes on at a Rendezvous? Here’s a sample of some recent events.
- Brian Pemberton from NW Explorations takes you to Haida Gwaii (well, with his words and pictures)
- Women on the Water hands on boat handling training with Paulette Burgh (no men telling you what to do!)
- Cooking Demo by Roche Harbor’s Executive Chef Bill Shaw (with lots of sampling!)
- Dog Show (it rivals Westminster, we promise)
- Free vessel inspections by US Power Squadron (rest easy the next times USCG wants to board your boat!)
- Wine tasting and hors d’oeuvres potluck (where the pours are generous)
- Grand Finale Dinner Extravaganza (Delicious food and drinks, raffles, speeches…did we mention the food?)
If you REALLY want to dive into what kind of events we have, check out our PSGBOA 2013 Rendezvous Welcome Guide.
This Sounds Great! How Do I Sign Up?
First, make sure you’re on the PSGBOA mailing list! Our primary contact method is email, so if you’ve changed your email address, make sure you send us a new one. Same goes for your mailing address, as we generally send out Save the Date postcards via mail, as well as email. Just click on the Join Us! page to submit your register or update your contact info.